“Change is the only constant” and this adage could be held specifically true for the ever-expanding digital landscape. With so many innovations going around the corner, businesses could only hope to flourish if they remain updated. Starting from SEO tactics to website designing techniques, all the online marketing strategies tend to evolve without any prior indication.
With 2017 coming to an end, it is for the benefit of the entrepreneurs that I have chalked down a few aspects associated with search engine optimization that are expected to rule the upcoming year. Readers out there are requested to buy some time and take a close look at the below-mentioned pointers.
SEO Trends of 2018
After much research, top-notch professionals have managed to make some substantial predictions regarding the SEO trends that are likely to have much importance in 2018. Let us explore some of them in details.
1. In 2015, the number of online searches conducted through cell phones surpassed the ones performed through a traditional desktop. This trend would probably continue as Google has already started fabricating mobile-first indexing. In 2018, organizations without a responsive website (the one that could function seamlessly across all devices and platforms) have the risk of losing prospective customers and existing clients.
2. Modern-day consumers, as well as Google or any organic search engine for that matter, do not really like waiting for prolonged periods so that a web page could load. Thus, the notion of accelerated mobile pages that did start this year would most probably gain more significance in 2018. AMP is a project that is involved with designing web pages, which would load in absolutely no time.
3. At present, an increasing number of users are accessing websites and conducting searches through voice commands. SEO experts expect that this notion would proliferate at a considerable rate in 2018. So, while formulating content strategies, make sure to incorporate relevant keywords (avoid stuffing them unnecessarily throughout a write-up) and acquire a more conversational tone. This would allow consumers to get optimal results on voice searches.
4. If you wish to establish your site as a credible one, make sure to integrate quality backlinks. This would enhance the user experience. Although the importance of backlinking decreased in the past few years, reputed digital marketing experts have stated this notion would gain back its value in 2018 and would rather emerge out as an exceptional SEO strategy.
5. Renowned companies that specialize in SEO have declared that business websites with visual content would prosper in 2018. Integrating videos and images can bring more viewers and maximize brand exposure. Through enhanced visualization, you can reach out to a larger segment of the population, retain visitors for prolonged periods, and increase rates of conversions as well as sales.
The aforementioned pointers are vital SEO trends that are expected to come up in 2018. Having an idea regarding these in advance would let you embrace the transformation quite successfully. By staying ahead of the curve, as a business owner, you would not feel lost when changes do start taking place.