Almost all of us will go on holiday this year, but 2020 has seen a global pandemic, so some of us are unlikely to be travelling too far. While the staycation might be in this season, there are things that every traveler needs to make their journey easier. We here at https://sugru.com/ know exactly what you need in your backpack… and it has multiple applications.
What You Need in A Backpack
If you intend to go travelling and you want to fill a pack and go, there are a few basics you need to keep on you at all times. You will need fresh clothes, a way to wash them, and a way to keep them dry. You will need bedding, a roll mat, and perhaps a tent – depending on how wild you are camping! If you want to stay safe you also need a knife and a first aid kit. A needle and thread, an emergency blanket, and a compass and map are all likely items you ought to take with you.
However, there is one thing that you ought to take with you on every trip and that you probably haven’t thought ofyet. Sugru create a moldable glue product that sets into a silicon rubber that is waterproof, super-strong, and can be used in a whole variety of camping ways.
Moldable Glue comes in Handy when Camping
Why? There are a million reasons. You can use Sugru to mend broken glass on your phone or tablet screen… haven’t taken them into the wilds with you? How lost would you be if your compass smashed? What if you have a short-range radio with you to keep in touch with other campers – and you drop it? These are all ways in which a moldable, rubber-setting glue will be able to keep you safe in the great outdoors.
There are a hundred other ways you can use Sugru in the wild – but here are some of our favorites:
· To patch a hole in a water canteen or food carrier, all you need to do is apply the glue, mold it into shape, then let it set. No more hole!
· To securely pin a gang rope to a tree, stretch out lines to hold up a gazebo, or even to attach your tree tent without fear of death-by-falling, a dob of Sugru does the trick.
· To attach a lens to a camera when you don’t have an adapter? You can mold one out of rubber!
· Build makeshift shelters, fix broken knife shafts, and tend to any number of around-the-campfire fixes.
· Use it to mend broken shoes, fix hard-wearing gear, or stop a torn backpack from ruining your time away.
· Fix any number of items in your mobile home or RV… and all on the road!
With Sugru, bush craft has never been so easy!
So, Before You Go Off-Grid…
Make sure that you stock up on all the essentials – and that you include Sugru on that list. It’s moldable, strong-setting, waterproof and can be used in any situation, for any purpose that you can think of. Pick some up before you travel and keep safe on the trail.