Launching a business website is not a single step process. It is a concerted effort of several processes where the ultimate goal is conversion and sales. But to achieve this goal, you also need to invest in SEO and digital marketing. It is not enough to have a well-designed website these days. You need to actively market and drive traffic to your content to ensure that potential visitors end up becoming your loyal customers. How is this possible? The key point to consider is making sure that your website design takes SEO into consideration.
What to avoid when building a site optimised for SEO
Building a website does not come cheap. That is why it is essential to hire an agency that knows your needs. A Graphic Design Oxford agency should not only focus on the aesthetic and UI aspects of a site but also make sure to observe SEO best practices. The following are some of the disadvantages of a site that is not SEO optimised.
· Alienates mobile users; thus losing potential conversions
· Reduced search engine visibility
· Less effective digital marketing efforts; hence fewer leads
· Potentially expensive redesign
One of the reasons why these problems occur is that some companies fail to hire a web design agency that knows how to incorporate SEO. By not including strategies to optimise keyword searches, site pages will not help meet keyword targets. Therefore, you need to hire a design agency that prioritises SEO.
Features of an SEO-friendly site
Now that we understand the importance of SEO in designing a business website, let us take a closer look at the essential features of a modern, SEO-friendly site:
Responsive design. We cannot stress enough how critical it is to abandon outdated practices in designing websites. Responsive design enables users to have a seamless experience using any type of device. For instance, you can jump from a desktop to your mobile phone and not experience any distortion of the site’s content. This feature helps retain and attract users that prefer to browse on their mobile phones or tablets.
1. Title tag. A title tag should be based on keyword research as it is a factor that significantly impacts Google and other search engine rankings.
2. High-quality content optimised for SEO. Google uses sophisticated algorithms to identify and rank content that is engaging, informative, and relevant. Since the bar is high, you need to publish high-quality content all the time.
3. Effective structure for internal linking. The site’s internal linking structure allows Google to identify the most important site pages. There should be more links to SEO pages with high-value content. In addition, this content should be prominently displayed on the site.
Lastly, it is critical to avoid putting too many keywords within a single site page. For maximum lead generation, you must have unique pages for every keyword you want to target. Otherwise, your efforts may yield organic search visibility, but fail to general leads because the users will not find the content relevant to what they need.