Taking care of the installation of a gutter allows you to save money on roofing work. But to handle such a task, it is better to learn. You are wondering how to put a gutter like a professional? Our method explains everything there is to know, step by step.
All about laying gutters
If we forget it sometimes, the gutter is an essential element of the waterproofing of a roof. It is therefore necessary that it is ideally placed, to avoid any risk of water infiltration into the wall. You also should use that kind of gutter guards which matches our roof types.
The problem? To put his gutter to an artisan can cost several hundred dollars. It may be interesting to learn about how to assemble your gutters.
Successfully laying a PVC gutter
If you want to install your gutter, opt for the purchase of PVC models. Indeed, a plastic gutter is much easier to handle and to pose than a model in zinc or steel.
Here is our method for laying a PVC gutter:
1. Prepare the installation: start by installing a ladder or ladder under the roof. The idea is to work in pairs: one person holds the ladder; the other takes care of the pose.
2. To install the hooks: a gutter is fixed thanks to hooks. Start by installing these hooks following a slope of 5 mm per meter, all along your roof. This slope avoids water stagnation. You must fix a hook every 40 centimeters, always respecting this slight slope.
3. Install the gutter: once your hooks installed, the gutter can be clipped directly. Install one by one all the elements of your gutter, to ensure its tightness. Feel free to follow the recommendations of the video below.
4. To put the descent: to finish, you have to pose the slope. It must be located two centimeters from the wall and can be nested in the other gutter elements.
Various PVC gutter accessories can make your installation more efficient.
Renovation & Works particularly recommends the “stop-leaf,” which prevents the accumulation of leaves in your gutter, and prevents it from being clogged.
Namely: when buying your PVC gutter, it is advisable to avoid entry-level models. These are known for their lack of sustainability.
How to install a zinc gutter?
More complex, the establishment of a zinc gutter requires more time and know-how, because you need to use welding equipment. This method is therefore discouraged for anyone who has never welded before.
If you know enough about this type of work, here is how to do the installation:
1. Measure the gutter length: always following a slope of 5 mm per meter, measure the necessary gutter length.
2. Install the hooks: as before, you will start by fixing or screwing the hooks to 40 centimeters apart.
3. Prepare the sections: thanks to your measurements, you can prepare the number of parts necessary for your zinc gutter.
4. Assemble the Gutter: The zinc gutter joins join by joining. Between each joint, use silicone sealant to facilitate glue.
5. Weld the Gutter: Using your soldering equipment, make dots through the joint and assemble the gutter.
6. Install the gutter: once the gutter has been prepared, you still need to put it down. It is better to have at least one person accompany you to do this.
You will understand, install gutters zinc remains quite technical. Prefer to entrust this task to a specialist.
If you want to hire any specialist to install your gutter guards
If it is easy enough to mount PVC gutter, it is not the same pair of sleeves for a model in zinc or metal. This is why it is advisable to use a zinc-fitter to install a metal gutter. If you need an expert for this type of work, always think about asking for a quote for gutters. And for a good reason, the citations allow you:
· To know precisely the budget to grant to your gutter,
· To compare the gutters those are proposed to you,
· Find the least expensive artisans in your area.
Nothing beats the know-how and skills of a craftsman to set up a gutter quickly and simply.