1. Eliminate the shower head: Based on the length of time the old showerhead was around the market, you could have the ability to get rid of it by hand.
2. Wash out the shower arm: You will want to get rid of any debris, old Teflon tape and then inspect it to ensure it’s not corroded. The threads must be in great form. This could be an excellent time to improve your shower arm to provide you the very best rainfall shower head encounter.
Here is our best shower arm suggestions for Rainfall Shower Heads:
S Design Rain Shower Arm
I love to use a microfiber cloth to clean out the shower arm threads. It simply picks up a great deal of the self-indulgent and helps you to remove the Teflon tape. You can also visit Mr Showerhead for detail Process.
3. Applying Teflon tape: Just be certain that once you are employing the Teflon tape you proceed in precisely the exact same way as you would if you join your showerhead, so in a clockwise movement. This way the Teflon tape does not shatter when you attach your shower head. Tear away the tape and smooth it out with your hands.
4. Hand tightens the shower head on the shower arm: The shower head we are using includes a retractable rubber washer to present an excess water tight seal. Make sure it’s seated correctly in the threads prior to installation.
5. Use an adjustable wrench to tighten the showerhead even farther: Please use a cloth to protect the threads so that you do not harm the end when trimming it down. Only an excess twist is all you want. Do not force it, it is important not to over-tighten the shower head.
If the shower head is leaking, then you will want to uninstall the shower head, then reapply more Teflon tape then install the shower head. Again, make sure the rubber washer is correctly seated within the shower head and use a wrench to tighten it down firmly.
Should you do so, and it leaks it very well might be the shower arm is outdated and has to be substituted or the threads around the shower thoughts are stripped/cross-threaded.
In case you have any queries in any way, email us in email@example.com and we’ll give you a hand!
Thanks for checking us out in Hammerhead Showers. We hope you like your new solid metallic rain shower head.