Cutting through a piece of wood would have been a hard task in the ancient era but with the introduction of technology in every aspect of life, the process was made easier. A reciprocating saw is what you would need to help your process make it easier. Something that you need to keep in mind is that it is a technology-based device and therefore, not every product will be of the highest order as each manufacturer has their own criteria. Therefore, you need proper guidelines to understand what needs to be considered when finalizing a reciprocating saw. There are various online platforms like Sawinery that can help you get more information on the same.
Things to consider
There are certain aspects that you must consider in a reciprocating saw before buying it.
· Motor – The main component of the saw is the motor. Despite the cordless ones, you would need to consider the fact that a motor is able to run at a particular speed that can effectuate a good result. There are various wire saws that you can choose from as well that are powerful in their approach. Also, you must consider a product that has a brushless motor. They might be on the higher end of the price spectrum but their benefits such as durability as well as better performance make up for it.
· Battery – When you are seeking a cordless saw, the main thing to notice is the battery power. You must make sure that you give the parameter a prime importance as that will decide the power that the tool will be able to generate apart from its running time without the need to charge. Do not go by what you have been informed by the manufacturer.
· Stroke – A stroke is an important deterministic factor to the speed of the motor. Therefore, you must be aware of the right stroke length as that can help you in making deeper cuts if required. That being said, the saw comes with a variable speed option for plunge cuts. The compact ones have shorter stroke length but since they are compact, that works in its favor. Conclusively, it is not just a single factor that you should be considering but a combination of individual attributes.
· Changing blade – The blades are generally strong and last long. Therefore, any tool that demands a blade change should be kept away. However, you can remove the blade as per your wish but since they are manufactured in a way that is durable, you should not seek a product that asks you to replace them after a time period.
· Price – The last bit is the price. It is not about how much you are spending but what you are getting in return for your investment. Consider all the aforementioned points and choose the optimal option based on how much you get for each penny spent.
Therefore, the guidelines must be adhered to strictly when you are looking to buy a reciprocating saw.