The laws for disability insurance are very complex. It requires an expert to deal with these laws. However, everyone should have a rough idea of the rules concerning disability insurance. At first, one should know which medical conditions qualify for the term ‘long term disability’ or ‘ltd’ in short. A disability attorney can successfully obtain the generous benefits of the claimants by representing them. Only a disability lawyer can help you understand whether your medical conditions qualify as long term disability coverage.
The conditions that qualify for ltd are numerous. A disability can be physical or mental or psychological. In general, people might get an idea that only an injury from an accident qualifies for long term disabilities. However, in reality, many medical conditions can be eligible for a claimant to get disability coverage by the insurance policy. Do you ever wonder whether you qualify for such benefits? Well, let’s see!
· Eye disorder: if you have a central visual accuracy of 20/200 or even less (even after correction) in your better eye, you can come under the category of disabled. With such a condition of vision, you can claim for ltd benefits.
· Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: there is a scale that decides if a person has COPD. For example, if a male adult has an FEV1 of 1.75 (or even lower than that), he is a patient of COPD. He can claim for disability benefits. For others, the measurement is different. A severe asthmatic tendency is also a condition that can be granted.
· HIV infections: this is another condition that comes under the category of long term disability. If a person has HIV infection, he or she can claim for disability benefits. The scale says the absolute CD4 count has to be fifty cells per cubic millimeter or less.
· Absurd weight loss: are you thin like a dime? Do you feel pale like hay? You may qualify for disability insurance coverage. You have to be sure that your weight loss is a result of specific digestive disorder. For a proper diagnosis, you have to go through a BMI test held sixty days apart on several occasions. The BMI should be 17.5 or less than that.
· Mental disorders: apart from several physical disabilities, a man can suffer from several mental and psychological illnesses. Conditions like depression, intellectual confusion, autism, anxiety, or personality disorder are also severe disability issues. If you have any of these illnesses, you can contact a disability insurance lawyer and claim for disability benefits.
· Speech problem: other than visual disorders, other sensual disabilities come within the boundaries of this category. A person can have auditory disorders. A person can suffer from speech disorders. In each case, he or she can apply for this benefit.
However, the key to avail full benefits of ltd is being able to produce proper medical proofs and documentation. To enjoy every benefit successfully, you should have medical evidence from a reputed physician. If you have any queries about this issue, please contact a qualified disability attorney who can bring you justice.