We human beings are well aware of the benefits and side-effects of every food item we consume in our daily lives. But do we really give thoughts to the consequences that follow in our mouth after consumption of junk foods? The answer is majorly no. This is because of the fact oral issues are not as serious as other parts of our bodies but it’s about time we put an end to this myth.
Oral issues are a great deal if escalated to a serious stage and the only way to keep such at bay is by taking preventions. Smile dental service believes healthy eating can keep dental problems away. Hereis a list of foods that are extremely bad for your oral health and need to be avoided in your daily routine.
· No more binging on coffee and tea: It is probably known to you by now that drinking excessive coffee can stain your teeth. It has also been reported that tea can make your mouth exceedingly dry by preventing the secretion of natural saliva. These are quite prominent signals to worsening your overall oral health. Best dental clinic in California recommends switching to green or herbal tea if you cannot let go of the habit.
· Never chew on ice: If you chew on ice cubes, this can weaken the already formed cracks and chips in your teeth making them wide enough to cause you big troubles.
· Avoid energy drinks, soda and alcohol: It might seem to be very hard to let go of those happening weekends bursting all your stress away but you got to look after your health too. These solutions have a considerably high sugar content which will ultimately cause you tooth decay, gum diseases and unhealthy-looking teeth overall adding to a bad oral condition.
· Reduce adding acidic items to your day: You may think of kick-starting your day with a glass of lemon juice rich in Vitamin C or have the same before you head to bed. Even though it is true and somewhat recommended to take Vitamin C for a various good reasons, lemons or any other acidic food item can worsen the condition of the protective shield on your teeth-enamel. Once your enamel is eroded, your teeth will become highly susceptible to sensitivity and damage.
· Avoid candies and crunchy foods: If these are consumed at a high rate, they will make your dental state worse than ever due to the steep sugar content and harshness respectively. Crunchy food can also stick to your teeth causing pain and bleeding.